Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling methods are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling techniques are:
- Tedious and inefficient
- Unable to quickly react to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Difficult to share with employees
In addition, staff members need to go through a supervisor or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for employees to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems impact everyone in the company:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee turnover
- Owners are in danger of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Staff members can’t access the schedule when they are not at work
- Workers have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force staff members on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, often causes employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time building schedules that they have little time for other important tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee shift preferences
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from Advantage Payroll Services has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing operations.
Workforce Management Suite consists of TimeSimplicity which offers streamlined scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Design schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the staff members with the needed certifications are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible staff members to cover open shifts
- Customized system alerts reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for employees and management
- Employee Self Service empowers staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Advantage Payroll Services offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and business.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, and TimeWorks Mobile. We’ve just added onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is developed for busy employers like you who need to streamline scheduling, automate time and attendance tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and reduce labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Advantage Payroll Services ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to book a demo.